1. Having an infant the second time around really is easier
2. There IS enough love to go around for a second baby
3. Baby Wise DOES work and helped our children to sleep through the night
4. Three months goes by much faster the second time around
5. I can successfully go grocery shopping with two kids
6. I make a mean cappuccino (if the recruiting thing doesn't work out, I'll always have something else to fall back on)
7. Life in a house full of boys is perfect for me - I love cars and Legos
8. My three year old picks up computer games much quicker than I do
9. It's time to give up a Jetta for a bigger vehicle - no, I will not be opting for a minivan
10. I still can't stand daytime talk shows - sorry Oprah, it's not personal
11. Reruns of Alias and The OC are still great to watch
12. I thought I would have time to read a book - didn't crack one once
13. There are few things more wonderful than seeing my two children and husband play together
14. The magic swing is still magical
15. The thought of going back to work isn't as difficult as it was the first time knowing that I have a wonderful woman who takes care of the boys and a supportive husband that helps me balance it all
Maternity leave was great. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Great blog, girlfriend! I know what you mean about living with legos and cars...I always thought I'd have boys, and as you know, ended up with 3 girls. When my kids were little, I had to start indoctrinating them at an early age. The aunties and grandmothers tended toward giving more girlie things (which I enjoy, too, by the way), so I had to make a conscious effort to make sure we had a supply of Tonka trucks and Legos. A fun memory.
ReplyDeleteJust noticed my profile is N.E. Guess I forgot that. It's Nancy Mac :-)
ReplyDelete