Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Licensed To Say Y'all

When I set out to get my car registered with the state today, I didn't expect the wave of emotion that would come with changing my license plates.  Don't get me wrong, there is typically some type of emotion associated with process and procedures related to renewing car tabs, etc.  However, it is usually frustration, relief of another task done or surprise (you are asking me to pay how much?).  I walked in to the title office, met some nice ladies who quickly processed me, presented them with the appropriate documentation, wrote my check and handed it over.  In turn, the nice woman handed me my registration sticker and new license plates and said "Welcome to Texas".  I immediately teared up.  They were very sweet about the unexpected reaction.  I told them I was going to have to Facebook about this and she said she wanted to be my Facebook friend so she could see what my friends said about me crying at new license plates.

While we are settling in quite nicely and our apartment quickly felt like home, this was a big step in realizing that we are not simply on some extended vacation.  We are here.  We have been led here, and after a very long journey, our dream is a reality.  This was just one more step in that process and I can't wait to see where the journey takes us.  My car is officially Texanized. I'll still hold on to my pretty Washington plates so I can still see Mt. Rainier when I want.

1 comment:

  1. hope you continue to adjust to the other side of the transition... car tabs...hadn't thought about that one yet.

    ReplyDelete